Bugs

This thread has 67 posts and 4990 views.

Admin Komond 

at 31 Dec 2009, 06:10

Weird there's no sticky for this, so I made it. And by the way, will add one 😛 - The link for 'Heritage auction galleries' in Link section redirects to IMBD, not Heritage. Correct one would be http://www.ha.com/ or http://movieposters.ha.com/, depending if we want to send them to HA in general or directly to movie section.

Rolsskk 

at 9 Jan 2010, 16:37

I dunno if you can find anything out about this, but this site sometimes crawls when loading. Every other site other than MPDB loads quickly, but MPDB just takes forever to open.

Webmaster Martin 

at 14 Jan 2010, 16:48

I think this should be fixed now 😊

Rolsskk 

at 14 Jul 2010, 01:13

I dunno what it is, but I've been unable to upload anything for weeks now, it keeps on saying that the limit has been reached.

Rolsskk 

at 9 Aug 2010, 14:59

Problem with tagging people - There's some photos that you can add names, but more often than not, I cannot add any names.

SpinnersLibrarian 

at 9 Aug 2010, 17:39

Official sites, IMDB, allmoviephoto.com, filmweb.pl to name a few + google images and using the existing MoviePictureDB galleries. I'm sure you have exactly the same internet access as the mods and we manage to fill in a lot of the blanks.It depends on whether you want to do the work or leave it to someone else.

Rolsskk 

at 11 Aug 2010, 04:38

SpinnersLibrarian- You've misunderstood what I was saying, I literally cannot tag people, because that box is not available to add names.

SpinnersLibrarian 

at 11 Aug 2010, 04:59

When you upload, the screen has a box for Persons, where you put in the name(s), separated by a comma. You can also add names to your 'awaiting approval' pics by putting them in the appropriate box and clicking on the Execute button at the bottom of the page. I cannot understand why you should have a problem with this, unless you're trying to tag pictures after they've been approved! If you're uploading a film new to the site, can you enter the ID number? The principle is exactly the same.

Rolsskk 

at 18 Aug 2010, 01:40

"I cannot understand why you should have a problem with this, unless you're trying to tag pictures after they've been approved!" That's what I'm trying to do - I can tag people in some, but not others.

SpinnersLibrarian 

at 18 Aug 2010, 02:18

What we would like you to do is tag the pictures when you upload them. If you don't, then the mods have to do it before they can be approved. The box should only be closed if the picture is considered fully tagged, so you shouldn't need to tag those anyway. If you message me with any you feel require further names, I'll take a look at them. But the most important thing is to tag uploads as fully as possible. As this conversation is taking place in the forum, this reply isn't only for you but for all the users who never tag. More mods were not needed solely because of the volume of uploads but because of the amount of research required to deal with them. This site is a collaborative effort between people who share an interest in movie pictures and should be treated as such.

Admin Komond 

at 19 Aug 2010, 04:24

Rolsskk:
That's what I'm trying to do - I can tag people in some, but not others.
When we approve pictures we have the option of tick a section that says \"All persons tagged\". That means the mod thought it was perfect, and there's no need to add anything more, so it's blocked in the future. Of course, we can make mistakes, so we could: a) Tick it thinking they're all tagged but we missed the count. b) Thought the persons untagged are extras or something like that, so it's close to impossible to tag them correctly. Of course, we can think that but maybe it's not an extra or it's not that impossible. c) Tick it for some kind of unconcious reflex. In any case, when blocked the picture can only change by talking to a mod, this is just a security way to avoid people overtagging pictures that are perfectly tagged. I know it's more uncomfortable but I hope you understand it as a way to protect the order of the database. Anytime that happens you can write it here in the forum or send a personal message to a mod (for example me, there's already some users that send me messages quite often for changing anything wrong in tags, repeated pictures or mistaken season/chapter in series). Hope this solved your problem 😉

Rolsskk 

at 21 Aug 2010, 08:28

Okay, that answers my question, thanks. One other bug - I can no longer search. Yes, the magnifying glass icon is still there, but the search field is not.

Machionic 

at 21 Aug 2010, 11:27

'Add' more pics button is not working for me.

Webmaster Martin 

at 21 Aug 2010, 15:38

Rolsskk: can you try pressing ctrl and f5 at the same time while viewing MoviePictureDB? If that's not working, then which browser are you using? Machionic: which button are talking about exactly? On movie pages?

Machionic 

at 21 Aug 2010, 16:11

On upload page and it's working now.

Rolsskk 

at 22 Aug 2010, 05:15

Martijn, no luck. Using FF 3.6.8 on Mac OSX 10.6 This is what it looks like:

Webmaster Martin 

at 22 Aug 2010, 16:19

Rolsskk, is it better now?

Rolsskk 

at 23 Aug 2010, 00:07

No luck so far. It shows up in Safari, but not FF.

Rolsskk 

at 24 Aug 2010, 03:09

Okay, now it shows up! Thanks. 👍

HarrisonFord 

at 7 Jul 2013, 09:18

When I go to a movie or TV page it will only load 50 photos. There's like a loading icon at the bottom of the page but it never loads anything.. Also there doesn't seem to be a way to view TV photos by episode anymore.
Please log in.