Bugs

This thread has 104 posts and 5551 views.

Rami545 

23 Aug 2018, 00:14
I just upload a set of stills but doesn't show up on my Credit Log as waiting to be moderated.

michaella92  Moderator

23 Aug 2018, 19:05
I don’t see any stills from you waiting to be moderated either...Can you try uploading them again, please? 

intheheat247 

9 Oct 2018, 05:25
For some reason, stills im adding arent appearing in my queue anymore... Has something changed?

michaella92  Moderator

9 Oct 2018, 13:26
Yes, with the latest update to the site, users credit logs were modified. 

talkischeap 

9 Nov 2018, 18:48
michaella92:
Yes, with the latest update to the site, users credit logs were modified. 
If we can't see them are they still uploading? I uploaded some yesterday I think and tried to upload a few today but I'm not sure which ones went through as an error happened shortly after while uploading.

Thank you for letting us know that the credit logs were modified. I really appreciate all that you do here. :)

michaella92  Moderator

9 Nov 2018, 19:17

Hi, talkischeap! I had to do some research (wasn't familiar with that series). If you uploaded something that hasn't been approved, please re-upload. As always, thank you for your time & uploads! 

talkischeap 

9 Nov 2018, 20:10
michaella92:

Hi, talkischeap! I had to do some research (wasn't familiar with that series). If you uploaded something that hasn't been approved, please re-upload. As always, thank you for your time & uploads! 

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate it, that helped a lot in figuring out which ones didn't get to upload due to the error. Have a great weekend! ♥

andrewz 

2 Nov 2019, 07:18

Hi. Why previews stopped working? I mean
hovering over the photo and inspecting the small part in original
resolution. Is it a known issue? Is somebody working on it?

andrewz 

2 Nov 2019, 16:52

I probably found the issue. Since I made a donation way back in 2012, my account is not considered premium anymore, although I can download anything I want thanks to earning credits by uploading images. In order to make my account premium, I would have to make a donation every year if I'm correct. About - Donate page is not very well done: it is difficult to understand, the table is missing a header and the link highlighted in the screenshot below is not working.

It is not very smart to take preview feature away from people with credits since they will potentially upload an image that is already present in the gallery, but in worse quality, although believing otherwise (=making moderators even more busy than now), because there is no free way to find out the quality of the images that are online.

Another thing is that my last donation on CineMaterial.com is as old as here and previews are working, although About - Donate page from there is the same in this regard.

michaella92  Moderator

2 Nov 2019, 16:56

At the very bottom of the graph you'll see: "Download credits will be added to your current balance, and premium features will be activated until Nov 2, 2020". So, I believe you are correct regarding it's year to year but I've contacted MSDB's Webmaster to take a look at this thread. 

andrewz 

2 Nov 2019, 17:09

michaella92: Thanks. I have one more finding. It doesn't seem fair to me to show the note about time limit of the premium account...

...only when you are logged in. People may discover this site, look at the donation page first, get an impression that premium features are permanent, sign up and make a donation, only to find out later that it is time limited.

Martin  Webmaster

3 Nov 2019, 10:16

You are completely right andrewz, I'll add the preview function for any user that is currently holding credits.

Hiding that note to unauthenticated users is a bug that I'll also fix

andrewz 

3 Nov 2019, 12:48

Martin: Previews are working now, thanks! 👍

Unfortunately, the link highlighted on the screenshot still does not work, but it is a minor issue.

fandamme 

24 Nov 2019, 22:12
the 'follow' button does not work anymore

michaella92  Moderator

25 Nov 2019, 20:25
What/who were you trying to follow? Might be helpful in understanding the issue. 

fandamme 

27 Nov 2019, 12:21
michaella92:
What/who were you trying to follow? Might be helpful in understanding the issue. 

Normally on the Homepage you have the section with 'recent additions'. But if you log inn, then you have your personal stream. But that's not working anymore. Always the 'recent additions' are shown.
Also when you are on a page and click 'Follow this', nothing happens. Normally the button should change from colour. 

MoviePics1001  Moderator

31 Dec 2019, 16:38
My personal stream and the ability to follow titles or actors appears to be working after logging in. Fandamme, could you confirm if yours is working now as well?

intheheat247 

31 Dec 2019, 21:35
My stream disappeared after I deleted a film I was following...

MoviePics1001  Moderator

1 Jan 2020, 04:01
I don't mean to sound silly, but just for the record, was it the only film/actor you were following? If so, that would make sense that it went away after unfollowing. If not, please confirm and I'll pass this on to the Webmaster. Thanks.

halmarkus 

4 Jan 2020, 16:08
What the hell is wrong with this website since the last I hasten to say the word update? Over the last couple of days I have tried to upload images below 7.5mb (e.g. 7.35mb) and they get rejected and an error message appears telling me all images must be below 7.5mb when they were. Sort this ASAP as it's annoying.