Adding actor and character names to approved stills

This thread has 10 posts and 440 views.

How do I add the name of an actor to a still he is on when there is no option to add tags? And how do I add the names of the characters when they aren't displayed for no particular reason because the credits are publicly visible on IMDb and in the film?

Can you post the url of the still please? To add character info, please go to TheMoviedb.org to add that info and in a few days it should update on here.

Thank you!https://www.moviestillsdb.com/movies/gunpowder-milkshake-i8368408/SqkGSTMissing actor names:Ivan Kaye, David Burnell IV, Jack Bandeira (fighting Karen Gillan)One might argue that they're not easily discernible, but Karen Gillan isn't either. Yet anyone who has seen the scene knows who is fighting there and those who know the actors very well will even be able to recognize Ivan Kaye and David Burnell IV on it.The other photos that I've seen so far either had the tags already or I was able to simply add them.Checking the option for character names now as I found quite some are missing.

Okay, what do I do when the character name is already on TheMoviedb.org but still doesn't show up here on the stills? What's the reason of that?

Possibly, the problem is that Ivan Kaye has two entries on TheMoviedb.org and the one attached to the cast lists is not the one that shows up here (judging from the profile photo used for him)?

TeamIvanKaye on 24 Jul 2021, 00:52: Thank you!https://www.moviestillsdb.com/movies/gunpowder-milkshake-i8368408/SqkGSTMissing actor names:Ivan Kaye, David Burnell IV, Jack Bandeira (fighting Karen Gillan)One might argue that they're not easily discernible, but Karen Gillan isn't either. Yet anyone who has seen the scene knows who is fighting there and those who know the actors very well will even be able to recognize Ivan Kaye and David Burnell IV on it.The other photos that I've seen so far either had the tags already or I was able to simply add them.Checking the option for character names now as I found quite some are missing.

I've added the actors - only Karen was officially listed so actor/crew tags were locked (especially since the other actors are pretty out of focus). Normally, if actors aren't looking directly at the camera, we don't tag them but as you pointed out, Karen is pretty out of focus as well, so I've made an exception here. If you can add actor/crew tags, that means the tags weren't locked. Thank you for your help!

TeamIvanKaye on 24 Jul 2021, 01:14: Possibly, the problem is that Ivan Kaye has two entries on TheMoviedb.org and the one attached to the cast lists is not the one that shows up here (judging from the profile photo used for him)?

In regards to TheMoviedb.org, we are two separate sites with different staff. All I can say is TheMoviedb.org is where MovieStillsDB gets the info for cast/crew, filmography info, character names, profile pics, spelling info, and anything else related to how cast/crew profiles appear here on the database. It can take a week for their info to update here. As moderators, we have no control over the process of cast/crew profiles/connection to MovieStillsDB. Thanks for updating the page on TheMoviedb.org! Hopefully, it updates here soon!

Looks like character names already updated 😁 Thanks again for your help

Don't see the character name still but I have to check the other database again. Maybe they reverted my action as I just added this profile to the title (which admittedly is unsatisfying but as they also locked the info, I couldn't remove the other one). But also sent a report about the double profile, so maybe someone is going to take care of the problem. It's not easy to navigate the other database, actually, especially for series.Thanks for the addition and your guidance! 😊 Will be checking other films and shows as well and possibly submit some stuff for Vikings as I got some from History Polska some years back. Question: Where do the official hq screenshots come from? (I think there are better shots for the scenes, so I'm asking in order to see if there is a chance to send a suggestion to the source.)

All character names (minus Ivan) come up here. You did it right :)

Official screen captures are released through press sites. The ones from Gunpowder Milkshake are direct from Netflix. No other screen captures besides through chosen by press sites from recent titles are acceptable uploads. MovieStillsDB isn't a screen capture site but we've adapted slightly as the official press materials has.

You have to login to be able to post a reply.