HI!

This thread has 17 posts and 500 views.

HI!

I just stumbled across this AMAZING website, and I would like to ask:

I have a "Promotional Still" that is already on this website.

If I upload the same still in better quality, will I get a credit?

tomwellingpride on 30 Jun 2021, 08:41:

HI!

I just stumbled across this AMAZING website, and I would like to ask:

I have a "Promotional Still" that is already on this website.

If I upload the same still in better quality, will I get a credit?

Welcome, tomwellingpride!

If your upload is objectively higher quality than the upload already in the gallery, your upload will be approved and you will get one credit, while the original, subpar upload will get deleted and its uploader will lose one credit. There are cases when it's difficult to tell whether the quality is better or not – the image has just "different quality" (crop, colors, grain structure, detail level, ...). In such cases, we usually approve both uploads and both uploaders get credit. https://www.moviestillsdb.com/movies/back-to-the-future-part-ii-i96874?g=6226#e43fe700

Please note that higher resolution does not always mean higher quality. https://www.moviestillsdb.com/forum/site-news/1700#9226

Thank you for explaining. I appreciate it a lot.

I will consider the rules before uploading. Thanks!

Hi! I have four images that I would like to submit with the image quality of:

7952 x 4472

and they are upto 10 MB files.

Is there any chance that this rule rule can be reviewed?

"Both a maximum height and width of 7500 pixels, and a maximum filesize of 7.5mb."

tomwellingpride on 4 Jul 2021, 07:57: Hi! I have four images that I would like to submit with the image quality of:

7952 x 4472

and they are upto 10 MB files.

Is there any chance that this rule rule can be reviewed?

"Both a maximum height and width of 7500 pixels, and a maximum filesize of 7.5mb."

This issue is not as rare as you might think. But when we take bandwidth and server storage costs, I believe that current limits are very well set. You can use free web-based tool IMG online or free multiplatform application XnView to adapt your images to these limits. Losses will be minimal.

andrewz on 4 Jul 2021, 09:16: This issue is not as rare as you might think. But when we take bandwidth and server storage costs, I believe that current limits are very well set. You can use free web-based tool IMG online or free multiplatform application XnView to adapt your images to these limits. Losses will be minimal.

Okay. Thank you for explaining and for the links to resize the images. I appreciate the feedback.

Is there a reason why Tom Welling is not credited for this photo?

https://www.moviestillsdb.com/movies/cheaper-by-the-dozen-2-i452598/68d98aa7

tomwellingpride on 5 Jul 2021, 07:14: Is there a reason why Tom Welling is not credited for this photo?

https://www.moviestillsdb.com/movies/cheaper-by-the-dozen-2-i452598/68d98aa7

Added. Thanks!

michaella92 on 5 Jul 2021, 11:13: Added. Thanks!

Thank You!

What is the daily upload limit? I mean, how many photos can be uploaded for one day?

tomwellingpride on 9 Jul 2021, 11:54: What is the daily upload limit? I mean, how many photos can be uploaded for one day?

If I'm correct, there is umoderated uploads limit. Most uploads get moderated in like three days. You can speed the process up by strictly following rules, mainly about tagging.

andrewz on 10 Jul 2021, 12:33: If I'm correct, there is umoderated uploads limit. Most uploads get moderated in like three days. You can speed the process up by strictly following rules, mainly about tagging.

Okay. I Understand. Thank you for replying and for the information.

tomwellingpride on 10 Jul 2021, 14:16: Okay. I Understand. Thank you for replying and for the information.

However, if there is no limit, why do I receive this message:

tomwellingpride on 10 Jul 2021, 15:27: However, if there is no limit, why do I receive this message:

Currently, you have 36 unmoderated uploads. That might be the reason. Maybe some other mod will tell you more later. The best info comes right from our admin. You can reach him via info@moviestillsdb.com

Okay. I will if I need to. I appreciate the assistance. Thanks.

I believe the upload limit is 40. Once approved, you'll be able to upload more. It isn't a daily limit but works as the moderation team works so we don't get overwhelmed. As my colleague mentioned, complete actor tags will speed the process along. Typically, it's a 24 hour process timeframe (most times less) if we don't have to do research to complete actor tags.

Thank you for explaining. I will keep the limit in mind as I upload and share. Thanks!

You have to login to be able to post a reply.