Google Image Removes 'View Image' Button

This thread has 6 posts and 589 views.

Just figured I would leave this here as it pertains to many of us. Please see the article linked below regarding the removal of the 'view image' button and the alternate image size buttons.

Internet rages after Google removes “view image” button, bowing to Getty

So this means that this site is going to become an ABC only or LQ crappy fest only, or if you have the right software no problem still for downloading HQ images.
Not necessarily. There are resources other than Google Images and many users on here contribute content they've shared from other movie image databases but this does mean acquiring images will become quite a bit more difficult especially for more obscure titles.

Yahoo Images however DOES still have the 'view image' button and you can still search for alternate sizes there as well.

But I think it's important to note this recent change as databases like this one will now become even more vital to those of us who use it as a resource.

thanks, I added an extension for Firefox!

👍👍
It seems that a get-around on Safari is to right click on the medium size image (the one produced when you click the thumbnail) & go to option "open in new tab" 😁
You have to login to be able to post a reply.