Can I use a still on my website?

This thread has 5 posts and 1569 views.

Hi there,

I run a small advertising company, and would like to use a movie still on our homepage, is that allowed or is commercial use forbidden?

Thanks.
Hi, the intention of the site is individual use, not publishing or commercial. The use of the pictures depends on the copyright owners themselves.
We just collect and organize promotional pictures of movies all over the internet, but we do not provide any permission for their use.

Hope it helps,
Komond
I am new to this site and would like to purchase an image from Django. Is there a way to do a one time purchase? If not, what is the monthly charge is US currency?
Hi, welcome to moviestillsdb.com. All purchases are one-time in this site, there's no monthly or automatically renewed option, and the packages right now are these: Premium membership options. Credits are valid forever, they don't expire. It's the extra features included in the pack those that last for one year, but once the extra features are gone you'll still have the amount of credits you haven't used.

You can also get credits by uploading. Find pictures we don't have (following the rules of the site you can find in the "Add" section) for any show or movie, upload them and once approved you'll get the same amount of credits as pictures get approved:
1 upload approved = 1 credit = 1 download

Credits obtained by uploading are only discounted when used to download or in case the picture you uploaded to earn that credit is deleted later, for example if someone uploads a better quality for that same picture.
Hi.

Your site is superb and it's great to see some amazing stills I have never seen before.
I have been collecting autographs of movie stars/directors etc since 1996 onwards.
I have quite a lot on index cards and have been getting an image from your site/printed and than framed with the auto. These are hanging on my wall.
The place I got the photo printed was querying me about copyright.
I didn't think I was doing anything wrong....am I?
This thread is closed.