Ok, moderators, this is twice now with the deleting credits games

This thread has 3 posts and 457 views.

Last year, I had a credit subtracted because someone loaded the same copy of a pic that was 10% larger in resolution. If you want to delete my pic as I told the moderator in a PM at the time, that's fine, but I shouldn't have had a subtracted credit because of it.

Now the games have changed as I had a picture deleted this week with a credit subtracted because someone uploaded the same pic with a resolution of 650 x 813, while my pic submitted four years ago was 2000 x 2500. This is strike two, moderators. Explain yourself.

glpet on 2 Oct 2021, 16:01:

Last year, I had a credit subtracted because someone loaded the same copy of a pic that was 10% larger in resolution. If you want to delete my pic as I told the moderator in a PM at the time, that's fine, but I shouldn't have had a subtracted credit because of it.

Now the games have changed as I had a picture deleted this week with a credit subtracted because someone uploaded the same pic with a resolution of 650 x 813, while my pic submitted four years ago was 2000 x 2500. This is strike two, moderators. Explain yourself.

Please determine what specific deleted uploads you are talking about so that we can investigate the case. Please note that resolution does not automatically mean that the picture is high quality. https://www.moviestillsdb.com/forum/site-news/1700

If you are in need of credits, send me a PM and I will provide you some stills to upload. https://www.moviestillsdb.com/messages/compose?to=andrewz

Unfortunately, moderators cannot directly increase or decrease your credits.

glpet on 2 Oct 2021, 16:01:

For others to understand: you sent me the pic via PM. Closing your case publicly is good for transparency and for others to learn. The resolution was not a problem this time. The dynamic ratio was. Highlights (parts of the photo with highest brightness) were so strong that lots of detail got lost. I made new upload that - hopefully - gives the photo justice. Have a look how much more image information in highlights can be found now. It also seemed to me that your version was photoshopped in order to hide some water drops. https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/17811

My offer about providing you some stills to upload and thus earn credits is still valid. That's why I mentioned PM.

Subtracting a credit might feel unfair, but we clearly state that highest quality version stays online. It is also a good way how to motivate users to make highest quality uploads. There are many online movie galleries. What makes MovieStillsDB special is quality.

You have to login to be able to post a reply.