'Official' stills being rejected

This thread has 6 posts and 594 views.

I managed to get 99% of The Signal (2007) stills from a website on perfect quality and resolution.

So I started to upload them some are being rejected as "bad quality". The only "issue" I see with some of these still is that they repetitive, and they are all different to each other, ripped from a official website and everything... So I don't get why they are not being approved at all... 

Who and what defines "bad quality", on the guidelines there's nothing about it. And even if they are considered bad quality, they are still, quite literally, official material from the movies. 

This is also not the first time some of "my" stills with good quality image gets rejected, not to mention times where they are changed of classification and tagged as official screenshot when they are not etc.

Please read this https://www.moviestillsdb.com/forum/site-news/1700#9226

Your images suffer from lack of detail due to excessive compression. https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/13946

It might not be your fault. But you should pick sources that provide acceptable quality for other users. Unfortunately, official public websites might not be the best source. Press areas (not always public) use to be the best sources.

You're right, sorry, it was my mistake. Since I saw some excellent quality stills from where I got them, I assume all of them where on good state.

In the other hand, I have search for this movie stills pretty much everywhere on the web, with several image search systems and by myself,  I don't think there's a better source. 

Things like compression artifacts could can be fixed easily with Photoshop, but I assume that's not allowed. In that case I just should ONLY upload the ones that look non compressed right? Regardless if the others aren't available with better quality somewhere else.

Vork on 30 May 2021, 14:07: You're right, sorry, it was my mistake. Since I saw some excellent quality stills from where I got them, I assume all of them where on good state.

In the other hand, I have search for this movie stills pretty much everywhere on the web, with several image search systems and by myself,  I don't think there's a better source. 

Things like compression artifacts could can be fixed easily with Photoshop, but I assume that's not allowed. In that case I just should ONLY upload the ones that look non compressed right? Regardless if the others aren't available with better quality somewhere else.

I recommend to lower resolution of affected images. That makes compression artifacts less visible, if not invisible.

andrewz on 31 May 2021, 17:49: I recommend to lower resolution of affected images. That makes compression artifacts less visible, if not invisible.

So resolution changes are allowed for these cases? Okay, understood, thanks.

Vork on 2 Jun 2021, 17:37: So resolution changes are allowed for these cases? Okay, understood, thanks.

There is no reason to prohibit edits that lead to higher satisfaction of users who download the picture. Physical resolution should reflect the actual level of detail, otherwise it's kind of fake advertisement. Would you be happy to pay for HD movie and get SD instead?

This thread is closed.