Site news - Lack of new material

skanky7

User

Written at 2017-04-04 17:35:38

What's happening at the moment on this site?

There's hardly ANY new stills of new movies appearing - have contributors stopped adding images? Or are they all backlogged awaiting clearance?

This used to be my first port of call for any new images - there's hardly anything any more? Is there a temporary problem?... Or is the way it is on here from here on in?

jonboy

User

Written at 2017-04-05 01:48:04

skanky7 wrote "There's hardly ANY new stills of new movies appearing - have contributors stopped adding images? Or are they all backlogged awaiting clearance?"

That would be the latter seeing as most of the moderators seem to be part time, yet complain about the huge backlog of images, you just couldn't make this up!

skanky7 wrote "This used to be my first port of call for any new images - there's hardly anything any more? Is there a temporary problem?... Or is the way it is on here from here on in?"

It appears to be a permanent problem seeing as moderators Pepito and HarperSeven only grace us with their presence when they've managed to upload hundreds of their own images and then can be bothered to approve a couple of dozen of everyone else's images for about 30 minutes at a time every week. This site is now officially a joke and it's moderators seem not to care, I suspect none of them will read your post or any replies because they seem to hold us posters in contempt as little people. Yet as I mentioned before they complain about a huge backlog of stills being uploaded but can't be bothered to either approve more often or train more moderators. Catch-22 is the appropriate phrase here.
Yaut

Written at 2017-04-05 10:23:53

I would add a couple moders, but only Martin can do it
skanky7

User

Written at 2017-04-05 12:56:23

Hi Jonboy,

Seems to be a real problem at the moment doesn't it?
But what's changed over the last month or so? It seemed to work pretty well until recently?

If contributors stills aren't being added then they'll get fed up & stop - if no new stills are added then i guess everyone will stop visiting the site.
Shame really, because like i said, it was always my first choice - i'm currently having to look elsewhere.

Yaut, please have a word with the guys upstairs to pull their finger out..... or i fear for this site ;-/
jonboy

User

Written at 2017-04-06 00:58:44

skanky7 wrote "But what's changed over the last month or so? It seemed to work pretty well until recently?"

It's not been the last month it's been the last 3 months plus, Pepito and HarperSeven were approving stills everyday when they first became mods but then they decided they were only going to do a couple of days a week for about half an hour a time. What gets me is that when I last complained about this I was told I could upload about 50 stills a time and I had to point out that I was limited to about ten seeing as that was what I was getting approved on a weekly basis.

I have about Ten thousand stills currently on my hard drive (most of them very rare obtained from photo agencies such as Getty etc) waiting to be uploaded but at the rate they get uploaded here that will take circa thirty years to be approved.

Yaut wrote "I would add a couple moders, but only Martin can do it"

Well talk to him about it then don't just suggest it in the forum. As somebody else suggested in another complaint you probably need a Moder for at least each timezone around the world. Final thought sort this bloody website and it's absent moders out or it will die!
jonboy

User

Written at 2017-04-06 01:14:46

@skanky7 They don't seem to take people complaining here seriously or when they finally do we see a burst of activity for a few days to try and address the lack of approval of stills and then things revert to type with lack of approval for weeks on end, I still have Stills of Kim Cattrall in the queue from weeks ago that have not been approved, this website I have to say is a joke beyond parody.
Yaut

Written at 2017-04-06 07:06:46

jonboy
I think Martin last login on site 1 year ago... I send him many messages long time ago
There is little hope
michaella92

Written at 2017-04-06 21:30:59

Doesn't somebody have his email? I love this site & love adding content - Would love to see it become more active like it used to be.
Yaut

Written at 2017-04-07 10:47:52

I have not
pmv79

User

Written at 2017-04-07 17:43:57

I asked several months ago to moderate (with no intentions of privilegies, just moderate pics to help the users and the mods), I had the time to do it and i was gaining experience, my uploads I think they are very positive, just a few rejections etc
but I was new when I offered my help, so I understood.
jonboy

User

Written at 2017-04-08 00:33:54

Posted by Yaut "I think Martin last login on site 1 year ago... I send him many messages long time ago, There is little hope"

So basically you are saying you're website is run by a Admin who couldn't care less and lazy moderators who it would seem couldn't care less either, as I said THIS WEBSITE HAS BECOME A JOKE.

Email the damn administrator or get someone else to, phone him, send a semaphore signal just contact him because the current moderation team are a FUCKING JOKE, pardon my language, but it's true as you can see it's not just me getting pissed off with the lack of approval on this website. May I suggest those annoyed with the lack of moderation here send messages to HarperSeven and Pepitio telling them how disgruntled they are, it may spur them out of them their semi permanent sabbaticals.

>>>>> YAUT <<<<< people are getting angry if that doesn't bother you then this website deserves to die because YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE UPLOADERS FEEL and complaining about a backlog doesn't solve the problem HOW ABOUT SPENDING MORE TIME APPROVING STILLS YOURSELF RATHER THAN JUST 12 AT A TIME.
Pepito38

Written at 2017-04-08 02:06:17

Hello everybody,

As Yaut said, it has not been easy to be in contact with Martin (I heard from him a couple of weeks ago about some problems on the website) or Komond. Aside from private message and an email address of moviestillsdb, we don't really have any other way to contact them...

I tried to contact Komond about the status of the website. I hope I will get an answer.

I really haven't been a great moderator for the last 4+ months, and I sincerely apologize for this.

I basically don't really have the motivation to moderate anymore, that is why I contacted Martin to ask him to add new moderators and to remove my moderator status.

Until then I might moderate again but I won't promise anything and I also won't be uploading anything until my moderator rights are removed.

I really hope that MovieStillsDB is not dying slowly.

@jonboy
You really have been the most virulent user here and I don't really blame you for this, I would have done the same but maybe in a more peacefull way. But I must say that all your complaints have really made me think a lot, maybe too much and I don't want to have to coming home from work and to have to deal with this anymore.

So no more false hope or misunderstanding anymore. As I said before I might moderate again until my rights are removed but I sincerely don't think it will happen.

Ohh and also, I only hope the best for all of you and this website. If one of you has the opportunity to become a moderator, I really wish you good luck (yes even you jonboy !).

I thought it was gonna be easy but damn the internet is f****** harsh.

Bye.
michaella92

Written at 2017-04-08 23:30:33

Appreciate the kind message & all your hard work, Pepito38! Sad to hear that you will no longer be moderating. Here's hoping new mods are on the horizon & this issue will be resolved soon. To all mods, thank you for all your hard work, time & effort. This site would be nothing if not for you & I certainly don't blame you for not being able to dedicate more time to this site. It's just a site after all.

Fingers crossed that users (including myself) will have the patience for new mods to be added/trained & that this site will continue to be a source for rare content.
pmv79

User

Written at 2017-04-09 03:51:16

Pepito was truely kind with me, great guy/mod, sad to read his post, but I understand perfectly his point of view and feeling.

This is a great site.
jonboy

User

Written at 2017-04-09 05:41:33

Pepito saying you haven't had the time is a pathetic excuse, you still found time to use moderator privileges to upload hundreds of your own images whilst actually not approving those by ordinary uploaders. As for me being virulent I am simply the voice of the p*ssed off uploaders who you failed to serve properly in order to further your own agenda of uploading your own pictures without limits. Hopefully (if this website survives) the next moderator will be more devoted to the site rather than their own aims.
Pepito38

Written at 2017-04-09 19:06:53

Hi,

Thank you michaella92 and pmv79 for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

@jonboy
Aren't you tired of this, really ? I mean, time is an issue, yes, but it is not the main one. As I said in my previous post, I don't have the motivation to do it anymore, AKA I DON'T WANT TO DO IT ANYMORE !!! But maybe it is just you having trouble reading or processing information...

But it shouldn't surprise me, it is not the first time that this happens.

Remember that time last year when you asked about why moderators were allowed to approve hundreds of their own pictures and also that you had a restricted upload limit because of yourbacklogged stills :
http://www.moviestillsdb.com/forum/site-news/693

I asked to Komond and Martin about your backlogged, and it didn't seem to have any problem with that. But more importantly, I asked you to don't upload any new material until I finished validating all your pending uploads to see if there was a problem.

Not only you didn't wait and kept uploading stills while I was approving the pending ones, and when I finished and sent you a private message the same day, you didn't even answered it and you had the nerve to tell that you were still waiting for an answer 4 months later :
http://www.moviestillsdb.com/forum/site-news/693

But again, maybe you have trouble checking your inbox and/or processing information. The private message in question :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pending Pictures
To jonboy - Jun 30, 2016

Hi jonboy,

I validated all your pictures.

Please be careful about the behind the scenes pictures. Your uploads for "Who's That Girl?" seems to be set pictures taken by paparazzis. I accepted them this time but I don't think I will next time. We only accept official pictures.

About your uploads, there seems to be an issue. You should be able to upload 50 or 60 pictures but there was approximately 30 pending uploads of yours.

Two solutions :

Send a PM to Martin and with luck you will have an answer but I myself did not hav an answer to a PM I sent him.

Check all your uploads one by one by clicking on the number next to the profile icon and find the pictures not accepted by checking every link. If you find the pictures not accepted, send me the links please. It is not the best way, but it is the only one I know.

Bye.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the fact that moderators can approve their own pictures. It is even more simple than that. They are automatically approved when we upload them. We use our personal time to validate stills and I don't even mention the time needed to reorganize the galleries. So YES, we also use our personal time to upload our stills, and why wouldn't we ??? We are not the ones who decided that it should work like that.

Do you think that being a moderator means being your "servant" ? Well, it doesn't and this is not by talking trash and insulting us that everything will be fixed. This is not the wizard of Oz, this is call real life with things more important than having your stills approved on a website. It is time you understand that and grow up a little!!!

As for my own agenda to upload my stills, well, considering that I have more than 15000 stills to upload, I would say that you couldn't be more wrong because if it really was, you would only be seing my uploads everyday.

I have always respected the users, and answered their questions using private messages.

I am just sick of having to explain myself to you !!
jonboy

User

Written at 2017-04-21 02:48:18

Pepito38 "I am just sick of having to explain myself to you"

Really because you need to explain yourself to a lot of people who you have ignored for months not just me.

"Do you think that being a moderator means being your "servant" ? Well, it doesn't and this is not by talking trash and insulting us that everything will be fixed. This is not the wizard of Oz, this is call real life with things more important than having your stills approved on a website. It is time you understand that and grow up a little"

Insulting you seems to get things moving around here, if I have a complaint should I remain silent? The answer is no, you have not fulfilled your duties for months and only did the job for your own personal means because you saw an easy route to having your own stills approved whilst doing very little for it. As for being my servant, you were the servant of everyone on this website because you were an employee of moviestillsdb which made you a servant of all it's customers not just me.

As for the Wizard of Oz and growing up, one is grown up and has become exasperated at the likes of you that take jobs only for personal gain, but oh the irony of you who says quote "this is call real life with things more important than having your stills approved on a website" a person who took a moderator position so he could get his stills approved, hypocrisy looks in the mirror also you know.
Martin

Webmaster

Written at 2017-05-10 17:56:33

Sorry, the site is far from dead! It's just that there have been some issues and I've just been incredibly busy the last year, but that is getting better now And I'm actually logging in almost every day, FYI. Just not in the forum, sorry about that.

Please send an email to info@moviestillsdb.com with questions and ideas and I'll try to reply within a few days.
pmv79

User

Written at 2017-05-11 08:53:20

Hello Martin!
Mods did and do a great job! site has been taken care of perfectly
Pepito38

Written at 2017-05-21 15:26:21

Hi,

It looks like I am going to stay a mod for now. I will accept/upload photos when I can. But mostly, I try to reorganize some galleries.
Please log in.
Sitemap